Superior Asphalt, Inc. understands that some asphalt repairs can’t wait for warm weather! That’s why we have dedicated over 15 years perfecting a winter hot mix asphalt product that provides our customers with asphalt maintenance options year round.
Our Winter Hot Mix Asphalt is created by utilizing a stationary recycler that uses indirect heat, “convection heat”; to “reclaim” asphalt from recycled asphalt material. The convection process is key in maintaining elasticity of the material, which produces a pliable, high quality asphalt product. The recycler is highly efficient and is capable of producing a ton of WHMA every 6-10 minutes.
The WHMA is a durable solution for winter pavement maintenance. It’s perfect for potholes that are two inches deep, dry and properly prepped. It’s especially helpful in emergency situations, for example, when a water main has broken and a large section of roadway must be replaced after the pipes have been repaired.
Superior Asphalt, Inc. also offers a UPM cold-patch product that is more durable than traditional cold-patch material. UPM is engineered to naturally adhere itself to the walls and base of a pothole. With its slow-curing nature, as soon as the asphalt compacts, the patch’s surface cures to the hardness of the surrounding pavement. This allows the patch to move as the surrounding pavement naturally expands and contracts. It doesn’t require any heavy machinery. To apply, all you need is a shovel and a tamping tool. It’s an ideal method of patching when the asphalt surface is wet.
Not only do we offer a premium material, Superior Asphalt, Inc. offers exceptional service. We make ourselves available 24/7 for emergencies and have patch crews on hand to perform asphalt maintenance services for you.
Winter Customer Testimonials
* Jerry Byrne, Deputy- Managing Director of Operations for Kent County Road Commission: “Some asphalt repairs just cannot wait for warm weather! The WHMA patch is more than just a temporary fix but long-lasting, viable asphalt repair that can last for years! WHMA has allowed the Kent County Road Commission to make permanent pavement repairs year round. The ability to run 100 tons of WHMA through our paver on a day in the middle of winter was made possible with the willingness of Superior Asphalt,Inc. to schedule production to meet our emergency pavement repair needs.”
* “The City of Lansing has been using the UPM Cold-Mix from Superior Asphalt, Inc. since 2012 and has found it to be the best cold-patch material we have used,” said David White former senior maintenance supervisor for the City of Lansing. We are confident that the quality is always consistent and will not move or come out of the areas we use it in for extended periods of time.”
* Tom Pollock, City of Greenville: “I have had the pleasure of doing business with Superior Asphalt, Inc. for over 10 years and I only have good things to say about the company. I have used their UPM for many years now and think it is a marvelous product. This year I used their WHMA for the first time to make repairs on an MDOT street and give that product a thumbs up too. To be able to use hot mix asphalt as opposed to UPM cold patch was a great asset to the project to which I thank Superior Asphalt, Inc. very much.”
* Miller Pipeline: “Superior’s winter products are very satisfactory and they always go above and beyond the call of duty.”
* City of Grand Rapids: “We appreciate the fact that Superior is always dependable and their products are a better quality than others. Very competitive pricing too. We recommend them to anyone asking about asphalt products and service.”
* City of East Grand Rapids: “Superior is very pleasant to work with and always make sure we are satisfied.”
Contact Superior Asphalt, Inc. with all your winter patching and repair needs today!